If you like:
Fresh, local ingredients,
Attentive but not intrusive service (including expert wine pairing suggestions),
An extensive, award-winning wine selection,
Elegant yet casual ambience,
Friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and
Locally owned and operated businesses,
we think you will like the Domaine Hudson Experience.
We believe that dining with us is different from any dining experience in northern Delaware. While there are many excellent dining establishments you can choose in this area, we think we make dining just a little different from the others.
- For example, consider our restaurant size. At our max we can host 71 diners simultaneously, for an intimate, relaxed atmosphere.
- We have the best wine selection in the region, not just Delaware, as evidenced by numerous awards for our wine list such as the 2019 Best of Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
- Our Chef is a believer in fresh, local ingredients in his creative and sometimes surprising cuisine. ‘Try it, you’ll like it.”
- Our servers are professional and well-versed in food and wine, and can provide detailed descriptions and recommendations. While they take great pains to make sure every aspect of your evening with us is exceptional, they also stay well away from crossing the line into “obtrusive and annoying.”
- Domaine Hudson’s owners, Mike and Beth Ross of Kennett Square, Pa., are veterinarians. Why do they own a restaurant? Passion. Pure and simple. Not for profit (however, that’s a good thing, too) but because it’s something they always wanted to do.
- Our spirits selection is carefully curated, and we offer signature cocktails you won’t find anywhere else. Just ask for a Pindar’s Muse at another establishment, and see the look you get.
We are here for your dining enjoyment– to provide you with the Domaine Hudson Experience. Yes, we’re off the downtown Wilmington Beaten Path, but our location on North Washington Street across the street from Christiana Care’s Wilmington Hospital is easy to find and access. We hope you will go the extra mile (literally) to visit us. We will love getting to know you.